SEAS - Socially Engaged Art Salon
Are you interested in representing a growing organisation that strives for equity within the arts sector? If so, this volunteering opportunity is for you. We are looking for a passionate individual who would like to take on the role to represent SEAS and be our ambassador in networking events, in the community, online and beyond. You would be the first contact with stakeholders, the community, or collectives who would then direct potential partnerships to the SEAS team.
We expect you to attend at least 5 networking events per year to promote our work.
SEAS (Socially Engaged Art Salon) is a BIPOC & LGBTQ led organisation which promotes socially engaged art practices and artists from underrepresented communities through exhibitions and cultural events. SEAS’ work concentrates around issues of social and racial justice, migration & refugees, disability & mental health, and LGBTQ+ communities. Founded in 2016, SEAS has become a beacon for socially and politically engaged art in Brighton.
What you can expect from us - we will:
- Each volunteer will be provided with a half day training if needed on the specific roll
- provide support and answer any questions you may have
- offer ways to progress as a volunteer and develop your skills and interests
- stay in touch regularly and value you as part of our team.
- Pay expenses
- Sign a clear Volunteers Agreement.
- The roll might lead to a paid job from mid 2021 pending funding.
- Excellent relationship building
- Great communicator (written and verbal)
- Passionate about socially engaged and political art
- Great net-worker
- Proactive and adaptable
- Based in Brighton & Hove.
- Experience working at events
- Marketing experience
- An understanding of the creative sector in the South East area.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Time commitment: 2-4 days a month Duration: 1 year|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities