Oxfam Retail Charity Shop Volunteer
Oxfam (Brighton and Hove)
Charity Retail Volunteer - Oxfam shops in Brighton
Be part of something amazing. At Oxfam we're dedicated to fighting poverty and inequality on a global scale. Your time will make a huge difference. For example, one four-hour shift will on average make enough income to help provide life-saving handwashing facilities for 81 people! That feels good.
Small community spaces that help make a huge change
Did you know, Oxfam opened the UK's first charity shops? We are still leading today in charity retail, using the funds our hard-working volunteers help us rebuild communities across the globe - starting locally, with you!
No experience required, all applications considered.
What's in it for you?
Boost your CV, confidence, and skills by getting customer service & sales experience. We can be very flexible around parenting / caring / health / employment / education and any other commitments you have.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given, all we ask is that you’re happy to work as part of diverse and inclusive teams.
All volunteers qualify for paid travel expenses and of course free in-store refreshments. If you join us for a full day you may have free lunch on us!
So many benefits to volunteers:
- Develop skills to help get future paid jobs
- Add transferrable skills to your CV or resume
- Experience working in a retail / shop environment
- Be part of a team and make a positive change to the world
- Get involved in your local community and meet new friends
- Free lunch (up to £5, when working 6+ hours or more)
- Travel expenses paid or subsidised (every shift!)
Oxfam have a multitude of cool charity shops in Brighton!
As diverse as Brighton are our multiple shops across the city. Each with its own style, focus and expertise; everyone is a unique experience to shop in and volunteer at! If you live in Brighton (or are local enough to visit) why not see which shop fits your personality and spend a few fun hours helping out there?
Hopefully there's one to suit every volunteer! Or why no work in a few?
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
146a North Street
- Emergency Response
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
£5 lunch and public transport
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities