Do you love doing hair, nails and make up? Do you enjoy a chat? Would you like to help a disabled person feel special? If so, then this role could be just right for.
Leonard Cheshire is a charity that supports disabled people to feel respected, valued and safe, choose where and how they live, and participate freely in social and leisure activities.
Fethneys, in Worthing, is a residential home for ten adults with severe physical disabilities and acquired brain injuries.
The people who live at Fethneys are supported to be independent, healthy and active. There’s something for everyone and our great team of staff and volunteers run individual and group activities, including independent living training.
We are now looking for a volunteer who loves doing hair, nails and make up and having a chat!
You role will be to pop into us at Fethneys and treat a resident to a pampering session - painting their nails, helping with make up and styling their hair. And chatting with them. The time commitment is flexible - so you can fit it around your other commitments.
You don't need to be a professional hairdresser or beautician - although it would be lovely if you were! You might be doing your training or just enjoy doing hair, make up and nails.
You should be chatty, friendly, enthusiastic, reliable, patient and a good communicator.
- This is a lovely opportunity to make a positive difference to the well being of people living with severe disabilities - particularly during these difficult times.
- You will meet new people and have the chance to make new friends.
- It can be huge fun!
We will need to carry out an enhanced DBS Check (Data Barring Service) before you can start. So we will need you to provide some identification documents; and we also ask for two references.
Once this paperwork is sorted, we will give you a short induction including;
- Information on Leonard Cheshire
- Leonard Cheshire’s policies and procedures.
- Disability rights & Communication
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
And then you can get going!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The time commitment is very flexible so you can fit this volunteer role around the rest of your life. A few hours a month would be great.|
Where does this role take place?
9 Farcombe Road
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities