Parent and Families group volunteer
West Sussex Mind
This role involves supporting staff to deliver our mental health and well-being support through our parent support service, Families in Mind. You will be co-facilitating online and in person group sessions to support people who use our service to improve their mental health and well-being.
- That you are practical, caring, considerate of others, empathetic and patient.
- That you are a confident communicator with good listening skills.
- Have knowledge and experience or involvement with parents and early childhood would be welcome.
- Have understanding or lived experience of mental health needs, this is not essential for the role.
- Would be committed to being part of the service on a regular basis.
- Welcome you to West Sussex Mind with a package of training and information needed to carry out the role.
- You will meet new people, have the opportunity to learn new skills and to take part in regular in-house training.
- We will check-in regularly to ensure you are enjoying your volunteering role.
We will reimburse pre-agreed expenses in line with West Sussex Mind’s policy.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This role will be a minimum of 2 hours per week. The hours can be flexible to work with the volunteers schedule.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities