Sompting Big Local
Sompting Big Local is a long-term innovative programme that aims to achieve lasting change in Sompting. We seek to enable people who live in the area to build on their talents and aspirations so they can identify and act on their own needs to make Sompting a better place to live both now and in years to come.
The Programme is steered by a group of volunteers known as Partnership Members, using a model of shared leadership (so we are a bit like a board of a charity but we don't have the traditional roles of chair, vice chair etc as the leadership is shared).
The role of Partnership members is:
- Bring together the community’s views and make overall decisions about how Big Local will work in Sompting and how the remaining funding will be used.
- Ensure Sompting Big Local is resident led and the people across the Big Local have a genuine and continuing opportunity to be involved.
- Work with our Locally Trusted Organisation to ensure the Big Local plan is carried out.
- Review the plan, to create a follow-on plan for future years
- Connect with local organisations, businesses, public agencies, councillors, and others who can deliver activities and help Big Local succeed.
We are recruiting for this role despite the COVID-19 emergency because it's important for our future. We would really like to hear from you if you're interested, even if it may not be practical for us to meet in person for some time. We could talk by phone or video link initially so you can find out more about the role and if it might be right for you.
No specific skills are required other than enthusiasm, energy, and commitment for the programme. Training is provided by Local Trust.
Ideally you should live in Sompting or close by.
- Regular National training events held by Local Trust bring together other Big local areas. Expenses paid
- Big Local is a unique project, giving resident a say into how their area can be improved, with funding and training.
- An opportunity to make a lasting change in the community.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask for the following commitment · Attend monthly partnership meetings (usually 3rd Monday Evening of the month) The meetings generally last a couple of hours. · Attend Occasional Sub Groups · Attend Local socials and festivals (including events that Sompting Big Local organise) · Be responsive via Email and phone · Contribute towards the objectives of the delivery plan.|
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Families and Parenting
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Young People
Our Hub has not got disabled access to the bathroom.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities