Payroll and Administration Volunteer
Our payroll and admin service are second to none, providing a number crunching service for our clients. If you want to get some experience in a finance setting, or enjoy office administration and have excellent attention to detail, why not have a look at these volunteering opportunities?
Possability People is a user led organisation that promotes independent living for all.
Possability People works towards equality by inspiring disabled people to identify barriers and define solutions.
What we need:
To provide administrative support to the Payroll & Accounts Assistant in utilising the payroll and supported bank accounts (SBA) option as part of their Direct Payments package.
Things you can do:
- Assisting the Finance Assistant with the daily office routine.
- Opening and disseminating the SBA/Payroll mail.
- Scanning & organising all paperwork received onto the computer system.
- Sending letters and other monitoring forms to the City Council on behalf of the Supported Bank Account Service Users.
- Sending monthly statements to SBA clients.
- Auditing clients invoices to ensure they are within their budget
- Ringing clients for the authorisation of Care Agency invoices.
- Updating the clients’ database with the relevant documents and financial paperwork
- To assist the Finance Assistant with the sending of quarterly returns for NI and Tax purposes.
- To apply for PAYE schemes and enter Authorisation codes on the HMRC website.
We expect 1 regular shift a week on a day which is convenient to you. We need volunteers from Monday through to Friday between 10 am & 1 pm or 1 pm & 4 pm.
We require someone who is:
- Above all organised, systematic and has an eye for detail.
- Good IT and data entry skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the provision of quality services and support for disabled people.
- To demonstrate an empathetic, confidential, tolerant and understanding approach to clients’ needs.
- Experience in an accounting and/or payroll environment.
- Knowledge or experience of Zero.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Knowledge of Direct Payments.
- Knowledge and/or experience of disability issues.
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of support needs.
These are some skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for. However, if you don’t have these don’t worry as we can offer training and development within these areas.
- An opportunity to offer your skills and experience.
- The chance to build confidence, self-esteem and make a difference.
- Join a team committed to better, more equal and inclusive public services.
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills, develop your C.V. and gain work references.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer