PR & Marketing Volunteer
Community Works is on a mission to inspire more people in Adur & Worthing to volunteer for the amazing voluntary groups and charities which make such a massive contribution to our local community.
Most people have little idea of the huge range of volunteering roles on offer locally and how flexible many roles are; and those thinking about volunteering are often not sure where to start. We’re looking for a PR & Marketing Volunteer to help us spread the word about the benefits of volunteering, what’s on offer, the flexible nature of modern volunteering, where to start and how Community Works can help. We don’t have much budget so we need to make the most of all the free and low cost ways of getting our message out there.
Your core tasks will be to:
Collate engaging images and stories about local volunteers and volunteering opportunities.
- Liaise with local print and broadcast media to persuade them to cover more volunteering stories.
- Liaise with free local magazines and newsletters to persuade them to regularly list Community Works Volunteer Centre services and contact details.
- Help draft flyers and posters.
- Coordinate the distribution of flyers and posters to key sites e.g. GP surgeries, Job Centre, libraries, colleges. Drawing on support from staff and other volunteers.
- Help put together material to support a Volunteer Centre promotional stand at local festivals and events.
- Liaise with the Communications Officer re promoting our message via social media.
There will also be opportunities for you to get involved in wider PR & marketing activity if you wish e.g. designing and coordinating specific campaigns; coordinating our presence at local events and festivals. And you may have other ideas about how best to get our message heard. If so, we'd love to hear them!
You don't have to have masses of experience. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn and build up their CV. We’re looking for someone who is:
- Well organised.
- Confident and motivated.
- Keen to learn.
You should be able to:
Build contacts with local media.
Liaise with Community Works staff and volunteers.
Liaise with local voluntary organisations.
Design a simple flyer or poster.
- Hands-on PR & Marketing experience to boost your CV.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Being part of a friendly, welcoming and growing community project - including the chance to shape ideas for the future.
- Access to training and networking opportunities through Community Works.
The role is based at the Community Works office in Worthing Town Hall - although some of the work can be done from home if that works better for you. The office is easily accessible by bus or train and we will pay your travel expenses.
We pay travel expenses and provide a lunch allowance if you volunteer for more than half a day.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are willing to be flexible to help you fit this volunteering role into your life. We envisage an average commitment of 2-4 hours a week but this can vary to suit your own commitments. Ideally we would like you to commit to a minimum of three months so you have the chance to make an impact. The role would be carried out in our Worthing Office, but there will be the opportunity to do some work at home if that works better for you. We are flexible. So if you're interested, get in touch and let's talk!|
Where does this role take place?
Worthing Town Hall
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities