Publicity Officer for Charity
Rottingdean Whiteway Centre
The Rottingdean Whiteway Centre (RWC) is seeking a publicity Officer who would work closely with the Education Officer in publicising the Rottingdean Whiteway Centre’s adult education course programme. It would involve the creation and distribution of the education course prospectus three time per year which requires the ability to use a computer and being fully conversant with MS Word or similar word processing programme. Familiarity with using email is also essential. There is some physical delivery of the prospectus to libraries and other outlets. The role would best be filled by someone living in or local to Rottingdean. Having the use of a car would be an asset. The time commitment is about two hours per week on average but there are pinch points. The role is voluntary and unpaid but is an excellent way of contributing to the life of the village.
- Good written communication skills
- Reasonable IT proficiency, particularly with word-processing
- Ability to forward plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well with others, in particular, the members of the Centre’s management committee.
- Doing something very interesting and rewarding for the benefit of the local community
- Working with the other like-minded and supportive members of the management committee
- Working in a centre with an excellent reputation for the quality of its adult education provision.
The role is ideal for a person who is retired and can give some time to the community. Ideally they should live in or locally to Rottingdean and preferably have the use of a car. The Centre is 2 minutes’ walk from the No 2 bus route and 8 minutes’ walk from routes 12, 14 and 27.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role is currently available and a suitable person is needed for the Whiteway Centre's autumn programme of courses|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer