Reception and Administration volunteer
YMCA DownsLink Group
Are you interested in building your experience in a customer service/administrative setting in a busy, charity wellbeing service?
The Youth Advice Centre (YAC) in Crawley is looking for reception and administration volunteers to work with the team to meet and greet clients in the YAC, manage initial queries, support the management of clients in the drop in space, keep monitoring systems up to date and undertake admin tasks to support effective delivery of the service.
The Youth Advice Centre (YAC) in Crawley is based at the Crawley Foyer building on Horsham Road and provides young people (aged 11-25) with a safe space to access Youth Information, Advice and Counselling Services (YIACS). The service provides local young people with a comprehensive early intervention mental health and emotional wellbeing offer, acting as the front door for advice, guidance, support, referral and assessment for young people in Crawley and surrounding areas.
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable young people and their families or a willingness to learn.
- Confidence in talking to young people and ability to build effective and positive relationships with a wide range of young people aged 11-25.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both adults and young people
- Working alongside an experienced and established team.
- Developing knowledge of administrative systems within a charity setting.
- Helping develop and support a vital service to young people in the city.
Served by many buses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask our volunteers to offer a minimum of 1 shift a week with a minimum commitment of a year.|
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer