Research and Campaigns Volunteer
Citizens Advice Brighton and Hove
To co-ordinate, promote and be involved in all research and campaign activities at Brighton and Hove Citizens Advice. You will:
- Complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- Keep up to date with research and campaign issues – nationally and locally
- Monitor trends in enquiries to identify issues for potential local or national research and campaigns work
- Work with advisers to identify suitable cases for research and campaigns work, to include the submission of Evidence Forms to Citizens Advice
- Report on research and campaigns issues at team meetings, board meetings and the annual report – verbally or in writing
- Network with other people involved in research and campaigns work within Citizens Advice, locally, regionally and nationally
- Maintain the profile of research and campaigns within Citizens Advice Brighton and Hove
- Promote discussion on research and campaigns issues and campaigns
- Help to organise campaigns.
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- Be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- Be non-judgemental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- Be able to understand complex information and explain it (verbally and writing) so that others understand it
- An understanding of the importance of research and campaigns work
- An understanding of key current social issues and their potential impact on Citizens Advice clients
- Ability to work constructively with other agencies and as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative, within given guidelines
- Good IT skills and willingness to learn further IT packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be friendly and approachable.
- Build on valuable skills such as communication, research, campaigns, how to engage with a range of audiences
- Have a positive impact in your community and on broader society
- Make a real difference to people’s lives
- Learn about a range of areas such as benefits, debt and housing, and how issues in these areas can affect people’s lives
- Increase your employability.
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
Our offices are accessible and in a central Hove location on bus routes. If you are interested in becoming a research and campaigns volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please contact us.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The central Research and Campaigns Team operates on a Tuesday afternoon. If you are interested and not available during that time we can discuss options with you.|
Where does this role take place?
Tisbury Road offices, Hove Town Hall
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Womens Issues
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities