Ride Assistants to help out at CYCALL Inclusive Cycling Sessions
There are many ways in which volunteers can help at CYCALL rides and events:
‘Setting up and Packing Away’ before and after a CYCALL ride/event
- Setting up the gazebo and stand
- Displaying information leaflets
- Follow the correct procedures for risk assessments and health and safety checks.
‘Meet and Greet’ Volunteer
- Greeting participants
- Checking Registration forms are complete/assist with completing Registration forms
- Inspiring confidence in participants
- Talking to the general public about CYCALL.
‘Bike Maintenance’ Volunteer
- To help clean and maintain fleet of adapted cycles on a regular basis outside of annual ‘health MOT’ by Tomcat SNI
- To record maintenance checks
- To inform Martine or Rob of any maintenance issues immediately.
‘Buddy Rider’/ Ride Leader
- To assist with risk assessments
- To check bike for any maintenance issues prior to ride
- To ensure all riders are wearing suitable helmets (see T&C’s)
- To support participants.
- No previous experience needed. Full training will be given
- All roles will require a DBS Check (CYCALL will arrange) and references will be taken.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to act in accordance with the CYCALL Safeguarding & Child Protection policies & procedures
- Ability to act in accordance with the CYCALL Confidentiality policy
- Patience and calmness
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment.
- It is great fun and rewarding
- Being part of a lovely volunteer team
- Training/work experience opportunities.
- Brooklands Park is on the 700 bus route
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Wednesdays and/or Saturdays|
Where does this role take place?
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities