Routes project communications volunteer
Do you have social media and copy writing skills? Are you interested in promoting and inspiring people on issues such as inclusivity, sustainability and promoting opportunities for people to find education and employment? Do you have between 3 - 5 hours to give a week? Yes? Then this role could be for you.
The Routes project is a small team of workers who primarily support people to get into education, work or self employment, by doing the following;
We are looking for someone who has the following experience/skills and interests:
- Interested in promoting inclusion, diversity and sustainability.
- Experienced on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Passion to help people and a passion in communication.
- Happy to work alongside our other comms volunteer.
The roles tasks will be:
- Creating and uploading regular content to social media platforms.
- Attending meetings with the team to look at areas that could be promoted.
- Contribute creative ideas to the work in order to reach our audience
- Supporting the promotion of employment and education opportunities to clients on social media.
- Working with the compliance coordinator on a social media strategy to make sure that we are meeting project aims.
You will be working as part of a passionate team who value volunteers and include them in a meaningful way. Volunteering with Routes means that you will have the opportunity to shape your role within the parameters of what we do, to challenge yourself and build on your skills if you like - we are flexible and like you to bring your needs to the table so we can shape your role to fit you. We will pay all out of pocket expenses as required.
You will need your own computer. Volunteering is mainly remote, so we meet on Zoom and Teams, but are happy to train you on these if required.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This role is flexible to suit your needs so could be carried out any most times in the week. The requirement to meet with the coordinator on a regular basis is also flexible in timing. If you wanted to be part of the coordinators meetings - these are fixed at Tuesday mornings every other week, but there would be no requirement to come to these.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities