RSPB - Front Desk & Office Administrator
Our office is often the first point of contact for queries. The office is used by a variety of staff & volunteers, across multiple teams and offers hot-desks to external organisations.
We require someone to carry out a comprehensive front desk role and support other administrators in day to day office duties. If you’re a good ‘people person’, with bags of enthusiasm with great organisational skills, this could be the role for you!
Our office is open 9.00am – 5.15pm, Monday to Friday and we require cover for as much of this time as possible - however we can be flexible with you on timings.
Although an advantage, you don't necessarily need to have previous administrative or office experience (or to be a wildlife or bird expert)! We will cover everything you need to know as part of your induction.
Main tasks will include being the first point of contact for phone calls to the office and answering and directing incoming calls appropriately. Every call is different.
Full training will be provided for anything you don't feel confident in, so long as you have enthusiasm and a willingness to learn! Most importantly you will need to be a good all-round people person who is friendly, approachable and a great organiser.
Skills & experience needed:
- Friendly and approachable manner (face to face, over the phone and in written correspondence)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Good customer service skills to include a certain amount of resilience and a calm manner if needing to deal with complaint handling (very occasionally)
- Ability to prioritise work to achieve deadlines and multi-task
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn how to work with equipment such as digital projector and telephone/video conference facilities (full training provided)
- IT skills to include beginner to intermediate experience of using Microsoft.
You’ll be working in a busy, friendly administration team supporting the vital work of the RSPB to save nature. You will have the opportunity to utilise and develop your administrative and customer service skills, bringing your experience & personality to make the role your own.
You will work with a wide range of colleagues in teams from across the whole organisation, giving you a fantastic opportunity to learn about different roles within the RSPB and get an insight into how Europe's largest conservation charity operates.
You’ll also receive comprehensive training, including how to deal with wildlife enquiries, providing exceptional customer service and using bespoke RSPB systems. There will be the opportunity to shadow one of our existing volunteers carrying out the role, to give you a great introduction to the position from someone who’s already doing it!
Of course we wouldn't expect you to be out of pocket so we will reimburse your travel expenses whenever you're volunteering for us and give you ongoing support in your role.
RSPB South East Regional office is only a short 10 minute walk from Brighton
mainline train station, so is easy to get to.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Minimum 1 day per week, on a regular day. This is an ongoing opportunity. We are initially looking for a minimum 6 month commitment. All year round.|
Where does this role take place?
1st Floor Pavilion View
19 New Rd
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Wildlife and Animals
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Sorting and organising items
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities