Smarter Uniforms - Sorting Assistant
Brighton and Hove Fair Trade Steering Group
Smarter Uniforms is a community led second-hand uniform shop based in Brighton & Hove. We aim to fundraise for schools, save parents money and protect our planet's precious resources for our children's future.
We need volunteers to help organise and sort through the donated uniforms.
We are so grateful to receive so many donations from parents and schools. On collection days we receive hundreds of uniform donations that need processing. Sorting through the uniforms and organising them is vital to keep our shop running efficiently. We are in need of people to help with this sorting process which includes folding, ordering, organising and shelving the uniform so it is ready to be resold in our shop. Helping out in our shop also includes roles such as: stock replenishment, tidying the store, creating and processing online orders.
Go to bhft.org.uk/smarter-uniforms to find out more about how we fundraise for local schools, protect the planet and why we do what we do.
We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and comfortable in a team environment.
1. You will help fundraising for schools at a time where government is cutting funding and provide free uniforms to families where needed.
2. The opportunity to work along side a great team, the local council, local schools and businesses.
3. The opportunity to engage with an interesting project that has social and environmental benefits to the city of Brighton and Hove and the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of textiles and sustainability through practical experience.
The clothes sorting process is based on Queen's Road in Brighton - a 5 minute walk from the train station and close to many bus stops and town centre. We are therefore easily accessible by train, bus or bike.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for volunteers flexible with their time, as donation and uniform collection days can vary. However, we always need help around the shop with sorting and organising uniform so any time is appreciated. Shifts can range in length but our working hours are Monday to Sunday between 9.30am and 6pm.|
Where does this role take place?
21 Queens Road
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer