Schools Outreach Session Leader Volunteer
Do you remember the thrill of finding your first ladybird? We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals with a passion for helping children connect to nature to join our dynamic Schools Outreach programme. You'll be encouraging care for wildlife and the environment by providing children with direct experience of the bugs, plants, and habitats in their school grounds. Help us inspire the next generation to save nature!
Following a period of shadowing the Schools Outreach Officer we'll ask you to take the lead on delivering our hands-on, pre-designed workshops with classes of primary school children and their teachers.
Bags of enthusiasm and a natural at communicating your passion for nature to young children
comfortable being 'up front' leading a group
a gifted communicator with adults and children alike
a keen interest in wildlife, conservation and nature
- great at working in a team and on your own
computer savvy: you use email daily and are competent with MS PowerPoint
- basic wildlife identification skills (or eager to learn)
“Wow, this was the most fun ever!” is something you will hear a lot in this role. Plenty of opportunities exist to share your knowledge and experience, and through training and mentoring, you'll develop your confidence, ability to work with children, and foster your unique delivery style.
Enjoy being a valued member of the RSPB Education Team as you personally inspire thousands of children to help protect the natural world.
- willing to travel up to an hour each way to and from the school setting
- available to deliver sessions between 9am and 3pm, once per fortnight
- able to store and transport equipment (one small suitcase) from home to use in your sessions
- comfortable being active outdoors in all weathers for up to 5 hours a day
When do I need to be available?
|Details||A commitment of at least 1 day a fortnight|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Support on Offer