Sussex Dance Network
We are an open network of contemporary dance artists creating & promoting dance opportunities in Brighton and Sussex. We were founded in 2013.
In 2020 we brought together a group of experts that include artists, activists, events managers, business people, those in positions of strategic leadership and education to form our Advisory Board. The Board is advising and championing the company on both general and specific issues to further the organisation’s aims. It has no legal responsibility but plays an integral role in the network.
We are now looking for someone to be the Secretary to the Advisory Board.
Your role will be to:
- Serve on the Advisory Board
- Keep copies of Sussex Dance Network’s policies
- Keep lists of Board Members and regular team members
- Notify Board Members of meetings
- Keep records of Board attendance
- Keep accurate minutes of the meetings
- Note all decisions and motions from Board meetings
- Sign Board minutes to confirm their accuracy
- Sign organisation official documents as required
- Notify members of the AGM (annual general meeting)
Please click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button if you'd like to know more and we'll get in touch. The deadline for applications is 11th January 2021.
- Experienced at providing secretarial and administrative support
- Personable, with good interpersonal skills, intuitive, and diplomatic
- Able to compile well-written and grammatically correct documents
- High level IT skills
- Able to plan and priorities to manage workload
- Able to demonstrate an interest in Sussex Dance Networks work and aims
- To be able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to be strategic and make sure Sussex Dance Networks aims and commitments are kept
- To be able to remain impartial
- To have a flexible approach to working hours and open to meetings at unsocial hours
- Able to support others in their roles
- Knowledge of governance procedures and legislation
We are an inclusive organisation and we particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities, including, BAME, LGBTQ+, non-binary and disabled candidates.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There are 4 Board meetings a year and occasional support meetings with Sussex Dance Network’s Artistic Director. Currently meetings are online due to COVID restrictions.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities