Secretary to Charity Management Committee
Rottingdean Whiteway Centre
The Rottingdean Whiteway Centre seeks a Secretary to its Management Committee of about twelve people. The role involves the attendance at ten committee meetings per year, for which (s)he will have produced the agenda, and the taking of notes at the meetings and production of the minutes. (s)he would also prepare the notices for the AGM and take the notes for it and prepare the minutes. It is suitable for someone retired or soon to be retired.
- Good written communication skills
- Reasonable IT proficiency, particularly with word-processing
- Ability to forward plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well with others, in particular the members of the Centre’s management committee.
- Doing something very interesting and rewarding for the benefit of the local community
- Working with the other like-minded and supportive members of the management committee
- Working in a centre with an excellent reputation for the quality of its adult education provision.
The role is ideal for a person who is retired and can give some time to the community. Ideally they should live locally to Rottingdean. The use of a car would be preferable though not essential. The Centre is 2 minutes’ walk from the No 2 bus route and 8 minutes’ walk from routes 12, 14 and 27.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Available now but particularly from 1 April 2020 and indefinitely.|
- Employment, Education and Training
Single story, level throughout.
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable and proportionate
Health and Safety
In the Whiteway Centre
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities