Board Member with Finance Experience
Adur Collective Community Land Trust
Finance Lead Trustee Board Member
Adur Collective Community Land Trust is a newly incorporated Community Benefit Society looking to solve local housing needs by providing affordable and sustainable homes. We are part of The National Community Land Trust Network, a fast growing network of CLT's across the UK.
ACCLT is looking for a new Board member to join a small, welcoming team who are passionate about affordable homes. This person will act as Finance lead and ideally will have Accounting and Financial Management experience to help us take our next steps towards capital funding for new development projects
- Lead the board with financial planning, budgeting and forecasting strategy
- Ensure an appropriate strategy and processes are in place to ensure long-term financial viability
- Produce and present financial reports to the Board
- Act as treasurer preparing annual accounts that are easily understood and meet statutory financial reporting and audit requirements.
We are interested in candidates who may have a wide range of financial management skills including financial risk management, ideally a qualified accountant. Some experience in housing would be an advantage but we welcome expressions of interest from candidates whose principal experience is from other sectors. In addition to the general duties of a board member the following criteria is essential:
- A financial qualification and demonstrable financial awareness
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information
- Experience of strategic development and planning
- Good communication, team-working and interpersonal skills
- Time commitment of 1.5 to 2 days a month including preparation and attendance at monthly board meetings as well as undertaking other ad-hoc tasks and activities required in running the trust.
- The chance to significantly contribute to the trust's activities by lending your expertise to a much needed community response to housing need in Adur
- Help deliver affordable, sustainable, community owned homes in Adur making a real difference in people's lives
- Join a friendly, determined and dynamic team.
Adur Collective Community Land Trust's area of benefit is the Adur boundary which encompasses Sompting, Lancing, Southwick and Shoreham. Meetings have been held remotely during lockdown but will resume in a suitable venue in Lancing or Shoreham near train station links. Prospective board members would need to live and/or work within the Adur boundary but co-optees can be considered if they live outside of Adur.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Board meetings are held monthly on every 3rd Tuesday evening of the month from 7.30-9.30pm. We have ad hoc communications via WhatsApp and email around issues relating to the Trust's activities. We hold regular market stall information and membership drive events around the Adur area on Saturdays that board members can support if they are able and available. There are some meetings with stakeholders arranged around all parties' availability that board members can support or where they may be required according the board member's area of responsibility.|
Where does this role take place?
15 Mash Barn Lane
- Homeless and Housing
- Fundraising and Finance
- Disabled Access
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
As per our adopted policy
- Health and Safety
No formal but buddying system
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Some training opportunities might be available via our umbrella organisation the National Community Land Trust Network