Fundraiser Trustee Board Member
Adur Collective Community Land Trust
Adur Collective Community Land Trust is a newly incorporated Community Benefit Society looking to solve local housing needs by providing affordable and sustainable homes. We are part of The National Community Land Trust Network, a fast growing network of CLT's across the UK.
ACCLT is looking for a new board member to join a small, welcoming team who are passionate about affordable homes. The board meets monthly every 3rd Tuesday evening. Board members are elected for a 3 year term. All board members take an active part in the running of the trust and we are looking for a person with Grant Fundraising experience who can lead in ensuring grants are accessed to enable us to continue to cover our running costs and who can help us raise larger capital funding and grants for new development projects. This person will act as Fundraising lead and ideally will have a range of fundraising and bid writing experience to help us take our next steps towards capital funding for new development projects.
Some experience in housing would be an advantage but we welcome expressions of interest from candidates whose principal experience is from other sectors. In addition to the general duties of a board member, your role as the fundraising lead will be to:
- Lead the board with fundraising activities including grant applications creating a fundraising strategy and implementation plan
- Maintain accurate records of funding applications and awards
- Ensure that appropriate funds are raised to cover the trust's annual running costs
- Explore suitable larger capital grants and funding towards new development projects
- Prepare and present fundraising reports to the board
- Complete timely monitoring and reports as requested by funders
- Write funding bids that express ACCLT's mission, values and purpose to deliver affordable, sustainable homes
- Good communication, team-working and interpersonal skills
- Commit 1.5 to 2 days a month including monthly board meetings.
- The chance to significantly contribute to the trust's activities by lending your expertise to a much needed community response to housing need in Adur
- Help deliver affordable, sustainable, community owned homes in Adur making a real difference in people's lives
- Join a friendly, determined and dynamic team.
Board meetings have been held remotely during lockdown but are due to resume at a physical location in Lancing or Shoreham close to rail links. Prospective board members would need to live and/or work within the Adur boundary but co-optees can be considered if they live outside of Adur.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Board members meet monthly every 3rd Tuesday evening at 7.30-9.30pm. We hold regular local market stall events on a Saturday where we inform Adur residents about the aims of the trust and recruit residents as members. Board members and volunteers man these events as and when they are available to do so. There are other ad hoc meetings with stakeholders that will require the presence of board members especially where it is their area of expertise. These meetings will be arranged at a suitable time for all participants. There are other communications via WhatsApp and email between board members around discussions pertaining to the activities of the trust.|
Where does this role take place?
Shoreham or Lancing
- Homeless and Housing
- Fundraising and Finance
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
As per ACCLT's adopted policy
Not formal but via buddying system
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Various training opportunities are available to board members with our Community Land Trust Network organisation.