Service Delivery Volunteer
Veritas Justice CIC
To provide assistance to Veritas Justice CIC, primarily for the work of, but not exclusive to, the advocacy service. To provide key administrative support for the day to day running of our services, as well as ongoing project work and events. This may include police liaison and signposting to other community or support services as appropriate.
You will be working with relevant multi-agency partners including Sussex Police, social services and local domestic abuse services, amongst others. The key priority of the role is client safety. So training and continuous professional development will be provided.
Supporting individuals affected by stalking and abuse can be stressful, however we provide a safe, flexible and confidential environment for staff and volunteers to reflect on and discuss their work and their personal and professional responses to their work. The focus is on supporting staff and volunteers in their personal and professional development.
- An interest in working with victims of stalking.
- Administrative skills with good attention to detail and the ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing demands and plan appropriately.
- Sophisticated communication skills, able to be open and honest with diplomacy and comfortable liaising with clients, senior staff and professionals at partner organisations.
- Adept at using IT, including Microsoft packages including Word and Excel, e-mail systems and content management systems, databases.
- A strong team player with the ability to work as part of a small and busy team which is developing everyday.
- Able to commit to and deliver work objectives within the agreed timescales.
- Non-judgemental approach and sensitivity in working with vulnerable people or people who are experiencing a difficult situation, whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- Able to work with your own initiative and take ownership of your work.
- Experience and training on supporting victims of Stalking.
- Experience of administrative work.
- Giving back to the community.
We are looking for a volunteer who could come and volunteer with us for 4 hours a week supporting the team. We are located in Brighton our office can be reached by bus or train and a short walk. We do not have parking on our premises. Our office address will be given to the successful volunteer.
When do I need to be available?
- Crime, Victims and Offenders
- Administration and Office
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Will be given our expenses policy this does not include travel to the office.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities