Service Experience Volunteer - Assessment and Treatment Service
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
We provide services to adults in Adur Arun and Worthing who are experiencing a range of mental health issues. We would like to be able to gather feedback from those who come into contact with our services in order to help us shape the care we deliver and to consider co-production in that process.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and passionate about the service user experience and to be able to make telephone contact with people on our behalf to listen and document about their experience.
What you will be doing
- Contacting service users and carers by telephone to see if they will take part in the patient experience survey.
- Completing the online survey using the person's words in line with service guidance
- Reporting any concerns or issues raised during the course of your contact with the service user or carer to your supervisor or named other, in their absence
- Maintaining professional boundaries in all communication
- Well presented, with a friendly and approachable manner
- Able to communicate in a sensitive and reassuring way
- Good written skills
- To be able to use basic computer skills to collect and record information
- An ability to relate well to people on a one to one basis and be sympathetic to others’ situations
- An ability to be patient and calm even in the face of difficult situations
- A willingness to be flexible and to follow the guidance of a placement supervisor
- A commitment to the trust’s equal opportunities and diversity policies
- A willingness to abide by the Sussex Partnership volunteer guidelines, including rules on confidentiality, health and safety, safeguarding adults and children.
- To be willing to receive training in any subjects that are appropriate to the volunteer role
- Increase your social and relationship skills
- Gain career experience
- Increases self-confidence
Travel expenses will be paid.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Mental Health
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities