Service Experience Volunteer - Specialist Perinatal Mental Health Service
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
The Specialist Perinatal Mental Health Service works via 4 different teams across the trust to offer women struggling with severe mental health problems during pregnancy or in the first year postnatal.
We have found it difficult to gather feedback from people who use our services. We are offering an opportunity to join us in working in a more innovative way by offering a more personal touch. We are looking for the right person to make telephone contact with people on our behalf to listen and document about their experience.
- Contacting service users and carers by telephone to see if they will take part in the patient experience survey.
- Completing the online survey using the person's words in line with service guidance.
- Reporting any concerns or issues raised during the course of your contact with the service user or carer to your supervisor or named other, in their absence.
- Maintaining professional boundaries in all communication.
- Undertake training.
The skills you need
- Well presented, with a friendly and approachable manner.
- Able to communicate in a sensitive and reassuring way.
- Good written skills.
- To be able to use basic computer skills to collect and record information.
- An ability to relate well to people on a one-to-one basis and be sympathetic to others’ situations.
- An ability to be patient and calm even in the face of difficult situations.
- A willingness to be flexible and to follow the guidance of a placement supervisor.
- A commitment to the trust’s equal opportunities and diversity policies.
- A willingness to abide by the Sussex Partnership volunteer guidelines, including rules on confidentiality, health and safety, safeguarding adults and children.
- To be willing to receive training in any subjects that are appropriate to the volunteer role.
What's in it for you
- Increase your social and relationship skills
- gain career experience
- support and training provided.
We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week for a 6 month period.
Reasonable travel expenses will be covered.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Mental Health
- Administration and Office
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer