Service User Experience Volunteer
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Psychiatric liaison services provide mental health assessment and treatment for people who are inpatients in general hospitals or for those who may go to an A&E department and are in need of a mental health assessment.
We're looking for volunteers to help gather feedback from people who use our services (including carers) in order to hear about their experience and help us shape our services.
Historically we have found it difficult to gather feedback from people who use our services. We are offering an opportunity to join us in working in a more innovative way by offering a more personal touch.
We are looking for the right person to make telephone contact with people on our behalf to listen and document about their experience.
We are looking for a volunteer that can commit to the following shift with our Mental Health Liaison Team at St Richards Hospital for a minimum of 6 months:
Monday - 2pm-4pm
In return we will provide the volunteer with ongoing support and training.
- Well presented, with a friendly and approachable manner.
- Able to communicate in a sensitive and reassuring way.
- Good written skills.
- To be able to use basic computer skills to collect and record information.
- An ability to relate well to people on a one to one basis and be sympathetic to others’ situations.
- An ability to be patient and calm even in the face of difficult situations.
- A willingness to be flexible and to follow the guidance of a placement supervisor.
- A commitment to the trust’s equal opportunities and diversity policies.
- A willingness to abide by the Sussex Partnership volunteer guidelines, including rules on confidentiality, health and safety, safeguarding adults and children.
- To be willing to receive training in any subjects that are appropriate to the volunteer role.
- Increase your social and relationship skills.
- Gain career experience.
- Volunteering provides a sense of purpose.
- Support and training provided.
- Increases self-confidence.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Able to commit reliably to at least 2 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.|
Where does this role take place?
St Richards Hospital
- Mental Health
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable expenses will be paid
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer