ShelterBox works with people around the world who have been driven from their homes by conflict or terrible events like floods, earthquakes, or typhoons. By providing tents, tarpaulins, tools, and household essentials, we can give people a safe, private space where they can begin to re-build their lives.
We want everyone to know about the ever-increasing millions of people made homeless, and the work we do. Could you be the voice of ShelterBox in your community? We are looking for volunteers who enjoy meeting people and making connections in their local community. It is a flexible role, which you can shape according to your skills and time commitment.
- Passion for supporting people made homeless by conflict or disaster.
- Ability to actively manage your own diary.
- Ability to develop links and opportunities within the local community.
- Either an ability to drive, use public transport or use online meeting platforms such as zoom, to attend speaker events.
- Belonging to a global organisation of like-minded people
- Meeting new people and making connections in your local community
- Improving skills such as public speaking or social media.
Volunteers are working from home or travelling to venues to deliver talks or attend community events, so access to good public transport or your own transport will be essential.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This opportunity is a very flexible one, and volunteers will be able to organise activities at a time and day to suit them.|
- Fundraising and Finance
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Volunteer handbook, named contact, ongoing training
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities