Gain skills, help raise vital funds and be a disability game changer in your local community.
You will help raise vital charity income in our Brighton shop, to achieve everyday equality for disabled people. As a Volunteer for Scope you can take pride in knowing you’ve made a difference to disabled people and their families at a time of need.
You’ll be able to choose what sort of tasks suit you best:
- back of house, helping us sort donations and prepare stock out the back
- customer service, welcoming customers to the shop, answering customer queries or serving customers on the till
- department specialist, taking care of a specific area of our shop, such as our books, media, shoes or handbags
- visual merchandising, creating window and shop floor displays
- supervising, keeping an eye on the shop floor and supporting other volunteers.
There are no skills or experience necessary before you start volunteering in our shops. We welcome any volunteers who are interested in charity shops, passionate about disability equality, or just keen to meet people or learn something new.
Build confidence and team work skills, meet new people, retail experience.
There is no parking but London Road car park is behind the shop and it is on bus routes.
The shop floor has disabled access however the toilet is not accessible.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We’d love your help for as little as 1 hour a week, but if you can give 5 hours, even better. We’re open 7 days a week, 9 to 5.|
Where does this role take place?
45b London Road
- Administration and Office
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Sorting and organising items
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
We accept volunteers aged 14 or over.
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities