Shop Assistant Volunteers (Chichester)
Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice (Brighton, Hove, Adur and Worthing)
Chestnut Tree House is a charity providing hospice care services and community support for children and young people with progressive life-shortening conditions throughout East and West Sussex.
If you are passionate about helping to make a difference through giving your time, enjoy interacting with customers and can identify good quality clothes and items, then why not volunteer in our charity shop!
The role will involve:
- Serving customers and using the computerised till to take payments for purchases
- Sorting donated stock, clothing and bric-a-brac
- Recording donor details for gift-aid
- Using a steaming appliance on donated clothes
- Assisting the shop manager with any other task to keep the shop running efficiently.
- Retail experience
- Meet new people
- Team working.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We have various shifts available but we are particularly looking for more help on Mondays and Saturdays.|
Where does this role take place?
62 North Street
- Health and Social Care
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities