Shop assistant volunteers - Goring-by-Sea
Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice (Brighton, Hove, Adur and Worthing)
If you are passionate about helping to make a difference through giving your time, enjoy interacting with customers and can identify good quality clothes and items, then why not volunteer at our charity shop!
Chestnut Tree House is a charity providing hospice care services and community support for children and young people with progressive life-shortening conditions throughout East and West Sussex.
The role will involve:
- Serving customers and using the computerised till to take payments for purchases
- Sorting donated stock, clothing and bric-a-brac
- Recording donor details for gift-aid
- Using an iron or hand press appliance on donated clothes
- Assisting the shop manager with any other task to keep the shop running efficiently.
Volunteers can either do just one shift of a morning or afternoon, or several shifts if you wish.
We are particularly looking for more help on Sundays (11am - 3pm).
The shop is located at 18 Goring Road, Goring-By-Sea, BN12 4AJ.
Please get in touch if you can help!
You don't need to have worked in a shop before. We are looking for people who enjoy talking to people and who can identify good quality clothes and other items.
- Gain retail experience, and learn new skills.
- Make new friends and be part of a friendly team making a difference.
- Help support the vital work of Chestnut Tree hospice.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are particularly looking for more help on Sundays (11am - 3pm). You can either volunteer for a morning or an afternoon. Or both if you wish!|
Where does this role take place?
18 Goring Road
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities