Small group leader
Creating Connections is a new and exciting prevention service for those aged 65 and over. It aims to reduce loneliness and isolation in Worthing through companionship, shared interests, and community participation.
The small group leader role offers a flexible and enjoyable opportunity to reduce feelings of loneliness by sharing time together, and encouraging people to connect with others through leading activities and interests such as music, exercise, board games, quizzes and much more (matched with a activity and group to suit your preference around time, frequency and location in Worthing).
This role would involve:
- Welcoming and introducing yourself and others to the group.
- Leading an activity.
- Liaising with venue staff regarding any issues with the environment.
- Communicating key messages to the group (future times /dates/activities etc).
- Opening and closing the session.
- Setting up and clearing up.
We are looking for friendly, open and reliable people who:
- Are welcoming (especially to people who may be less confident about attending a group for a first time or entering a room when they don't know anyone.
- Honest and reliable.
- Planning and organisational skills, yet adaptable to fit with the needs of the audience.
- Have great listening skills and an ability to communicate with a range of different people.
- Can empathise with older people who are feeling lonely or isolated.
- Have a non-judgemental attitude and is accepting of people's differences.
- Have some knowledge of local services in Worthing area.
- Can role model our Values, maintain confidentiality and comply with appropriate policies.
- Ability to join a group on a regular basis.
- Can provide satisfactory DBS Check.
- Build confidence and self-esteem.
- Feel valued and appreciated.
- Make use of existing skills and give something back to the local community.
Ability to travel in the Worthing area.
Each session would need a commitment of around 2.5hours (although days and times may be flexible around availability).
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You should be able to commit to around 2.5hrs per session|
Where does this role take place?
- Older People
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Cooking and Catering
- Film Making
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities
However good communication skills are essential for this role.