Smarter Uniforms - Sales, Admin & Communications
Brighton and Hove Fair Trade Steering Group
Smarter Uniforms is a community led second-hand uniform shop based in Brighton & Hove. We aim to fundraise for schools, save parents money and protect our planet's precious resources for our children's future.
We need volunteers to help with sales in our uniform shop, as well as helping at our events and with general admin and communications work.
We are so grateful to receive so many donations from parents and schools. We need more volunteers to help generally in the shop as well as with admin work such as stock take and analysing sales, as well as communicating with schools and parents so that both our events and our shop can run smoothly and efficiently.
Go to bhft.org.uk/smarter-uniforms to find out more about how we fundraise for local schools, protect the planet and why we do what we do.
We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and comfortable in a team environment.
Additional/ preferred skills: Social media, Marketing, Finance, Management, Administration, Organisation, Communications, Computers and IT, Business, Fundraising, Community projects, Creativity, Sales and Retail.
1. You will help fundraising for schools at a time where government is cutting funding and provide free uniforms to families where needed.
2. The opportunity to work along side a great team, the local council, local schools and businesses.
3. The opportunity to engage with an interesting project that has social and environmental benefits to the city of Brighton and Hove and the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of textiles and sustainability through practical experience.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Generally we are looking for volunteers that are available in the day, any days or hours between Monday to Sunday (when our shop is open), but may require some evenings too when we have events such as Pop-up shops and other events in the area/ at local schools.|
Where does this role take place?
21 Queens Road
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Families and Parenting
- International Development and Cooperation
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Legal Work
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer