Social and Leisure Activities Volunteer
West Sussex Mind
This role involves supporting staff to develop and deliver our well-being programme to our service users, co-facilitating a wide range of groups to support people who use our services to improve their mental and physical well-being across various locations in West Sussex. Our well-being programme includes a range of activities via zoom and at various locations across West Sussex, some examples are: yoga, mindfulness, drawing, crafting, men's group, film club, drop ins, waling groups and quizzes to name but a few!
Volunteering for a minimum of two hours a week alongside West Sussex staff to:
- Support people who use our service to take part in the activities we provide, these may be face to face or via zoom.
- Co-facilitate existing sessions.
- Helping set up new activities both within the project and in the community in partnership with other organisations.
What we ask for
- That you are practical, caring, considerate of others, empathetic and patient.
- That you are a confident communicator with good listening skills.
- Have an enthusiasm for working with people, enabling them to achieve personal goals and are committed to being part of the service on a regular basis.
- Understanding or lived experience of mental health needs desirable, this is not essential for the role.
Opportunity to meet people and learn new and share existing skills.
for zoom groups internet access is required.
When do I need to be available?
- Mental Health
- Cooking and Catering
- General Helping
- Sports Volunteering
this is dependent on activity location as some are outdoors, we consider disabled access for all our activities
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities
Some roles may be this would be on individual basis