Social Connection Project Volunteer
The Social Connection Project is a brand new initiative that has been created to provide essential support to people moving away from homelessness. Our team of volunteers will help our beneficiaries address the main challenges of isolation and social barriers by helping to:
- Make healthy social connections
- Become involved with activities around their interests, and that would benefit their physical and mental health
- Self-manage their lives
We are looking for people who are passionate about supporting people to build links with their community, are non-judgemental, reliable, patient and flexible. Experience of mentoring others or working with the homeless community would be an asset but isn't necessary.
- Satisfaction that you are helping someone to reach that final step of exiting homeless.
- 6-8 week team/mentoring support
- Funded travel and refreshment expenses
The volunteer would meet the beneficiary in a public place, eg café approximately twice a month for minimum of 6 months and maximum of a year. There will be a loose program/pathway to follow that would be agreed by both parties. They may be occasionally asked to accompany the beneficiary to an event or social club if that is beneficial.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||1-2 hours twice a month. Exact meetings times will be agreed by the two parties.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities