Social Group assistant/helper
East Sussex Association of Blind and Partially Sighted People
We run an active friendly social group for local blind and partially sighted people. The group meets approximately four times a month to enjoy activities and events around the area. This months activities include: Crazy Golf, a walk, coffee morning, Gallery trip, and Ten Pin bowling.
Because of the difficulties of sight loss, we need volunteers to help by guiding and where needed to assist members participation in the events.
This is a flexible role with both evening and daytime events. Volunteers are welcome to attend only the sessions that they are able to do.
- An empathetic approach to the needs of visually impaired people
- Punctual and reliable
- A willingness to help
- Friendly disposition
- Works well as part of a team.
- A chance to make new friends and have fun
- Vision Awareness and guiding Training
- Gain skills and experience of working with people with a disability
- Reasonable expenses paid.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a flexible role.|
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers