Social Media Campaign Team Member
Ambigo is recruiting 3 volunteers for a new team that will power a new social media campaign called ‘Ambitions of Brighton’. You will use Facebook and Twitter to feature people’s personal goals, ideas or ambitions. You’ll then help connect that person to others who can offer useful and supportive info, contacts and advice by posting about it and sharing it online. Simple and very effective!
Your impact on the individuals featured:
• Boost their confidence
• Enhance their sense of purpose
• Increase their capacity to achieve whatever is most important to them.
Go to http://tiny.cc/AmbigoChristian to see an example case from our trial. You will also play a key part in inspiring others and helping the wider community see people from diverse backgrounds as unique individuals rather than through stereotype or stigma.
We'd like to see three things from you:
• You’re excited by the goal of this social media campaign
• You can demonstrate good social media and basic IT skills
• You’re fun and friendly, and fit in well with our own values.
BenefitsPride in helping others, often from marginalised backgrounds, to feel more confident. Develop social media, IT and communication skills. Enjoy being part of a friendly team that starts every session with a game, and the chance to explore developing skills in other areas you’re interested in.
Practical ConsiderationsUnless changes need to be made for your needs, we would meet in central Brighton for three hours, once a week. There are three positions available. At least two must have their own laptops they can bring.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Our ideal meeting time would be Wednesdays 13:00-16:00, but please state any other times you can definitely do.|
Where does this role take place?
Brighton Eco Centre
39-41 Surrey St
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Homeless and Housing
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Young People
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
Need to be confident on a computer and in chatting to people
- Support on Offer