Social Media Volunteer
Do you have good communication skills? Want to gain more experience of digital media? Interested in helping tackle social isolation? Then this role could be for you.
TotRockinBeats/Dad La Soul’ is a grassroots movement, that uses the arts, music, tech and play to tackle social isolation.
We’re a non-profit organisation that is building an ever-growing international support network for dads, stepdads, male careers, granddads and their kids.
We work with national social housing providers, leisure centre groups, and brands to produce kick-ass dad-friendly playdates that feature everything from DJ/filmmaking/circus skills/special FX make-up/science workshops, soft play, dress up, sensory play and crafting.
We want to create a place for dads to be the modern version that they want to be instead of setting them up for failure.These activities bring strangers together, challenges conventions, spark conversations and starts friendships in dads that perhaps can otherwise struggle in silence or isolation.
The COVID-19 lockdown means our work is more important than ever. We're now supporting people with tons of innovative online connections including dads' virtual playdates.
You’ll help to develop future online content for volunteers with your feedback and reporting:
- A Social Media Volunteer helps to spread the message and events of TotRockinBeats & Dad La Soul to those who need us through social media posts.
- You’ll share a selection of content, articles, events and news posts from us on social media
- You’ll help to gain attention, move forward, gain engagement and help publicise our events online
- Provide feedback about your social media posts and how valuable people have found them.
- A good knowledge of at least one social media platform
- Access to a computer, tablet, or phone with internet access
- Excellent online communication skills
- A friendly personality
You will be there to promote TotRockinBeats & Dad La Soul through your social media accounts and to reach those who may not realise who we are.
With a lot of parents turning to online methods of reaching support it’s a chance for you to give back to your online community without leaving the comfort of your sofa.
You’ll have the chance to develop your IT and communication skills along the way and to help with developing our social media posts.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We don't believe that we should be chained to the desk, worrying about how to make the school run. We are very flexible time-wise.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Social Care
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer