Social Media Volunteers
Care for the Carers
Do you have experience in social media? Could you give 3 hours a week to help increase our social media presence? Volunteering from home opportunity.
Care for the Carers is seeking to recruit volunteers to assist our Communications Officer. As our social media volunteer, you will work with the Communications Officer, to help improve, and grow our social media presence and following.
The Social Media Volunteer will:
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to agree social media plan and content.
- Help to create and develop social media campaigns and content.
- Assist in developing our social media strategy and calendar.
- Help to manage our social media pages, (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), and also the supporters who we engage with via these mediums.
- Help us grow our online presence by creating and developing relationships with relevant influencers within the unpaid care sector.
- Review social media analytics to ensure we are always improving.
- Complete training and induction programme for the role.
- Maintain close communication with the Volunteer Co-ordinator through regular one-to-one sessions.
- Adhere to relevant Care for the Carers policies and procedures.
At present the post will be home-based with remote support, although in the future, there may be opportunities to be based at our offices in Eastbourne.
Closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 26th October 2020.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good ideas for social media content, including images, videos, and graphics.
- Ideally some experience in delivering high-impact and creative social media content.
- Have knowledge and understanding of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Some knowledge of social media tools, such as Hootsuite, would be useful. However, training can be provided.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Supporting carers who would appreciate seeing an increased social media presence and make a difference in your community.
- Gain experience for related roles and courses, learning new skills, and have the opportunity to access further training and expanding knowledge.
- Be part of a diverse team of volunteers. Have fun - volunteering and connecting with others is good for your wellbeing too!
- Important Date: Closing date is Monday 26th October 2020, at 9am.
- Important Date: Interviews will be held Wednesday 28th October 2020, online via Microsoft Teams.
- Important Dates: Induction training 2nd and 3rd November 2020, Delivered online. 2 half day sessions. Time to be confirmed. (Content will include Introduction to the Carers Centre, Safeguarding Procedures, Database Familiarisation).
- Completion of E-Learning courses online, independently by 6/11/2020. ( Courses include Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children.)
- Able to commit to volunteer with Care for the Carers for at least 6 months.
- Opportunity for further learning and development as appropriate.
- All volunteers must undertake a DBS check and provide references.
- You will need access to your own computer/tablet.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Minimum of 2-3 hours per week, (although ideally more).|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
Detailed training and induction
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Remote support during Covid-19. Regular one-to-one sessions.Ongoing informal support.
Detailed training and induction. Opportunities for further learning and courses.