South Coast Volunteer Co-ordinator
The Prince's Trust Sussex
As Volunteer Co-ordinator you will take on additional responsibility for co-ordinating and supporting the volunteers within your delegated county. You will support collaboration and synergy between paid staff and unpaid staff, in order to work The Prince’s Trust’s goal of reaching 1M young people within the next 10 years.
You will work closely with and report directly to an assigned Volunteer Lead Executive within The Prince’s Trust. The Executive’s role will be to oversee the recruitment, training and performance support of all volunteers alongside your input.
Your role duties will include:
- Being lead point of contact for all volunteers for non-urgent advice, support and requests.
- Receive volunteer requests from relevant members of staff from the local area.
- Match volunteers to volunteering opportunities, including matching young people with mentors.
- Collating and reviewing mentor reports, ensuring these are properly forwarded to the Volunteer Coordinator Office Assistant who will be based in the Southampton office and carry out admin tasks in support of your role. Escalating any concerns highlighted in the reports to your Volunteer Lead Exec and contacting mentors for up to date reports as necessary.
- Host regular meetings with your volunteers and ensure they are engaged in the work of The Trust.
- Communicate non-urgent messages to volunteers, which will be passed to you from your Volunteer Lead Exec.
- ad hoc event planning assistance
Experience working with a youth focused charity
Experience in admin
Getting to know mentors all across Sussex
This is a position working from home, 2 days a month, working alongside Sussex PT staff.
Dependent on your capacity, you may also wish to undertake other volunteer tasks, including the mentoring of young people and the support of session delivery, in addition to your role as Co-ordinator.
You will be given a Prince’s Trust email address as recognition of your position within the volunteers, which allows you to send external emails as a recognised member of staff.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Approximately two days a month, mon-fri, 9am-5pm|
- Young People
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers