Spanish Speaking Volunteer
Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove
Can you speak Spanish? Could you help an unpaid carer to learn a new skill?
We are looking for Spanish speaking volunteers to provide tuition & support to unpaid Carers for the Carers Centre’s Reablement Project, a project to support unpaid carers to learn a new skill and achieve positive changes in their lives.
The carer will have identified a goal they wish to achieve, you will be matched based on your skills and knowledge to meet for an hour a week for upto 10 weeks. This will be done remotely via phone or video-chat.
You decide how much time you commit and when. You will receive training, ongoing support and an invite to our monthly volunteer supervision, which is a great way to meet other volunteers and share your experiences. Travel expenses and any previously agreed out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
We are also recruiting volunteers who speak all languages, if Spanish is not your thing but another language is, please do get in touch.
A patient and enthusiastic individual with a willingness to support and enable others to work towards a goal.
- You will need to know how to use video-calling software such as Zoom or Skype.
- You should be reliable, friendly, open minded and be able to set, maintain and work within personal and professional boundaries.
- You will be able to offer an hour or two a week of your time to support a carer remotely from your own home (either over the phone or on Zoom).
- You will help to reduce the carer's social isolation during lockdown and gain experience and develop your own skills.
Benefits to the volunteer
- Develop and gain new skills including mentoring
- Put your skills to use and make a lasting difference to someone's life
- Meet and work with new and interesting people.
Regional Area - Brighton & Hove, but all meetings are currently done remotely on Zoom or over the phone.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We have mostly daytime opportunities, but some opportunities n the evenings do arise.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Practical Skills
All meetings are done remotely
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We refund pre-agreed out of pocket expenses
- Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
We have public liability and employers liability insurance that covers volunteers
up to date safeguarding policy
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Monthly Group Supervision
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
You will receive training in Safeguarding, Boundaries etc before starting the role