St Clare's Breakfast Club Cooks & Helpers
St Clare’s Community Hub is open Monday to Saturday throughout the year and offers a drop in service for anyone who needs access to our services. A breakfast service is available every morning. St Clare’s Day Centre hosts the local rough sleeper’s team, which is a multi-agency approach to end rough sleeping in the town. Services include hot and cold food, showers, clothing, laundry, I.T. provision, advice, information and signposting. The service is a referral route into local supported housing. The service is also a Wi-Fi hotspot.
• Greeting clients.
• Taking their breakfast orders.
• Serving hot and cold drinks.
• Preparing, cooking and serving the breakfast food.
• After breakfast session has finished to clean the kitchen (floors, worktops, oven, etc)
• We have three volunteers on each shift with one volunteer taking the responsibility of cooking and the other two volunteers supporting the cook
Some catering experience.
• be inclusive and welcoming.
• communicate with staff on duty.
• be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
• abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Requirements: Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
- Working in a team
- Gaining experience with a homeless charity
- Gaining experience in catering and talking to clients
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Flexible – some volunteers commit to one day per month, other volunteers commit to one morning per week. The full shift would need to be covered. (8.30am - 12 Midday (Weekdays) 8.30am – 11am (Saturdays))|
Where does this role take place?
St Clare's Community Hub
6-8 Marine Place
- Homeless and Housing
- Cooking and Catering
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
There is always a member of staff on duty. The member of staff is based at the front desk and welcome clients into the day centre. The member of staff is also on hand to signpost clients to any other team members.