Stewards for the Brighton Covid-19 Hot Hub (Withdean)
NHS Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups
The Brighton Covid-19 Hot Hub is based at Withdean Park and Ride, Tongdean Lane. We see patients with Covid-19 symptoms whose GP feels they need face to face assessment. We do this in a way that keeps our healthcare workers as safe as possible. The patients drive, or are driven, into a tent to be seen by the GP. Then they drive away.
We are looking for volunteers to act as Stewards. There will be 3 stewards, each with a different task.
- Steward 1 will be told the registration of the car which has been booked in, and verify the correct car, and then direct the driver to drive to steward 2 at the middle post.
- Steward 2 will hand the patient a mask using a litter picker tool, and direct the driver to steward 3.
- Steward 3 will direct the car in and out of the tent.
- Stewards 2 and 3 will stand by the tent in case of an emergency.
Volunteers will have walkie-talkies, and be provided with a hi-vis tabard, scrubs,mask & gloves.You will have NO direct contact with patients.
Please wear appropriate outdoor clothes and sun cream. And bring your own drinks, snacks & lunch.
Parking is available on site.
We are looking for people who :
- Ideally are DBS checked (basic not enhanced)
- Can speak confidently and politely to the public and be assertive where needed e.g. if someone has to be turned away because they don't have an appointment.
- Are physically fit and able to stand outside for long periods of time.
- Are able to work with minimal supervision.
- Are able to read car registration details.
- Live in Brighton - ideally close to the Hot Hub to minimise travel.
Experience of stewarding or working with the public would be beneficial.
- Making a vital contribution to our community's fight against Covid-19
- A chance to be outside and active during the lock-down.
- Valuable experience for your CV if you're looking for a job working with the public.
- You must be physically fit and healthy; and have not displayed any Covid-19 like symptoms in the last 14 days. We also cannot consider you for this role if you are required by government guidance to self-isolate.
- The role requires someone who is able to get to Withdean Park and Ride. Ideally you should live nearby and not need to use public transport to get there.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There are two sessions every day, Monday to Friday: 9am - 13.30pm and 13.30pm - 18.00pm. You may choose to do one or more sessions per day.|
Where does this role take place?
Withdean Park and Ride
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities