Stockroom Assistant Scope Worthing
As a Stockroom Assistant you’ll help raise vital funds for our work towards achieving everyday equality for disabled people. You will make a real difference to disabled people and their families at a time of need.
This role is based mainly in the stockroom behind the shop where you will work as part of a team to sort donations of clothes, shoes, bric-a-brac and electrical items. You will steam clothes, price and tag items.
You might sometimes help with other tasks such as cleaning and tidying and rotating stock on the shop floor.
You don’t need special skills or experience to volunteer, just a positive attitude and a friendly approach to chatting with other people. We welcome anyone who is interested in charity shops, passionate about disability equality, wants to learn something new, or keen to meet people.
- Developing skills in communication, stock management, team-working and retail.
- Working with a friendly and supportive team of staff and volunteers.
- Relevant training to do your role efficiently and safely and access to Scope's online training platform.
You will be based at Scope's Worthing Shop, 3-4 Connaught Buildings, Chapel Road, Worthing, BN11 1BA . We’d love your help for as little as one hour a week, but if you can give more time that would be even better. Chat to us about the hours and days that suit you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||During shop opening hours, 9 to 5.30 Monday to Saturday, 10 to 4 Sunday. Talk to us about the days and times that suit you.|
Where does this role take place?
3-4 Connaught Buildings
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities