Are you an advocate for zero waste and reducing textile waste? Are you passionate about protecting our planet's precious resources and reducing our carbon and water footprints? Are you interested in helping families and parents across Brighton & Hove to save money, and help fund-raise for local schools?
Smarter Uniforms is looking for a friendly Stockroom Volunteer to help us sort through and organise the uniforms we kindly receive from our partnered schools and parents/guardians. With the end of the school year approaching, our donations are largely increasing with Brighton and Hove's public wanting to recycle and reuse second-hand uniform!
As a Stockroom Assistant Volunteer for Smarter Uniforms, you will help the team with sorting donations, engaging with parents/guardians at our Pop-up Shop at the Open Market, as well as using certain apps to update our virtual inventory for our online shop. This role will also include assisting the team with organising uniforms for online orders.
- Organised and committed.
- Comfortable using online applications: to reflect the in-person stock.
- Good communication skills: to inform the rest of the team of any updates and maintain the team-oriented environment.
- Work for an amazing local charity that aims to transform Brighton and Hove's textile waste issue, whilst collectively benefitting the local community by helping parents to save on uniforms, reducing their hardships.
- Assisting the process of aiding parents by alleviating their stress in accessing affordable good quality uniform.
- Engaging and participating in a fast-growing movement that is highly demanded by the Brighton and Hove public, with the growing need for a circular economy.
Local to Brighton and Hove.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for volunteers who can help up 1-4 days a week at our storage unit located in the Marina, who are available to volunteer around 3-5 hours per shift.|
Where does this role take place?
Lovethatstuff Fair Trade
First Floor 8, The Broadwalk
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- International Development and Cooperation
- Young People
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Sorting and organising items
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Open to all
Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities