Store Room Coordinator
Role Purpose: To carry out monthly checks of the Community Hub store room.
- To visit the Community Hub once a month and clear/ tidy the store room.
- To carry out monthly stock takes.
- To check stock levels and liaise with Hub Manager if any items need replenishing.
It is Turning Tides’ hope and expectation that volunteers will:
- be inclusive and welcoming.
- communicate with staff on duty.
- be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Project Background: Littlehampton Community Hub provides a vital service to those that are homeless, vulnerably housed and on a low income in the Littlehampton area.
We provide a number of services that work with some of the most entrenched and vulnerable people in the local area, including a Breakfast Club, Women’s Group, drop in service and support from specialist members of staff. This support includes budgeting, CV writing, housing advice and emotional support in areas such as mental health and substance misuse.
Requirements: Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
Working with a team
Gaining experience with a homeless charity
Supporting vulnerable people
Near a car park and within a mile of Littlehampton station.
Flexible – One morning or afternoon a month.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Flexible – One morning or afternoon a month.|
Where does this role take place?
Littlehampton Community Hub
4-5 St Martins Lane
- Homeless and Housing
- Supporting Charities
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
There will always be staff on duty to assist volunteers if necessary, however staff will not be able to assist with tidying/organising of the store room. This Volunteer Role will be an independent role, but could be completed with a partner or friend. This is fine so long as they also register as a volunteer with Turning Tides.