Story Gatherer - Homefield Park Community History Project
Friends of Homefield Park
Help us to gather stories, memories, pictures and newspaper articles about Homefield Park, Worthing's first Municipal Park - originally called The People's Park.
Just a few hours a week over the summer - an initial two hour workshop to meet others, find out how to gather stories and plan dates and times to suit you.
Attend pop-ups at the library, markets, the park and talk to people about their memories of the park (we will advertise these in advance and guidance will be given to vols on how to do this) - we can provide a laptop for typing, a scanner for pictures and an audio device for recording stories - or good old fashioned pen and paper.
If you have other ideas or want to contribute in a different way (e.g. just doing online research into history) - get in touch!
All you need is:
- a few hours a week
- an interest in local history
- be able to communicate in a friendly way to make people comfortable to share their memories
- be willing to work with other volunteers.
- meet others locally, have fun and socialise - be part of our community events
- expenses paid
- experience doing a community project - opportunities to get involved and shape the project
- learning about local history and preserving it for generations to come
- being part of celebrating and protecting Worthing's unique history
- build confidence and skills in community work
- build confidence and communication skills
- build technical and IT skills
- build research and interview skills.
Most of the role will take place in Worthing Town Centre at times mutually agreed.
At the initial workshop we are open to being flexible so the role works well for anyone willing to give their time - or we can find other roles on the project to suit certain skills.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Dates and times can be agreed to suit you|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Yes, in pairs
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Yes, in pairs or as part of a supervised event
Suitable for a group of volunteers
We could host a group to deliver some of this
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Training and regular opportunities to check in and socialise
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Two hour session