Superstore Retail Assistant
What is Emmaus?
Emmaus supports people to work their way out of homelessness, providing a purpose as well as a stable home for as long as someone needs it. Our Community helps those in need, creates rewarding volunteering opportunities, generates employment and supports a variety local businesses.
Whilst our amazing charity is doing all that it can to end homelessness, we still need our volunteers to help raise vital funds by working in our shops.
What is the role of Volunteer Retail Assistant?
We manage a wealth of interesting vintage and second hand stock which changes from week to week. Not only will you get the opportunity to help by prepare our treasure trove of beautiful bargains and unusual items but you will also get to work within a friendly team helping assist the public with their purchases.
Your duties can vary from organising and preparing the stock for the shop floor to making beautiful displays or even manning the till. There is never a dull moment at Emmaus!
What skills will I need?
- A reliable, personable nature.
- A can-do attitude is the most valued attribute of all our volunteers.
- Customer Service, Retail, Business are all desirable skills, but if you are willing to learn we can train you!
- Experience is not necessary as you will be given full training, all you need to do is bring your enthusiasm.
This is an opportunity to really make the role your own by bringing your own skill set and developing it further whilst benefiting a great charity.
Who will I be working with?
We are a friendly community made up of volunteers, companions and staff. We encourage everyone to reach their full potential. Even though we have all different types of people here, we all have one thing in common – a desire to make a positive difference to our goal of ending homelessness.
What skills will I gain?
- Sales expertise
- Customer Service
- Visual Merchandising
We can cover reasonable travel expenses and provide a free lunch with the community.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is an ongoing opportunity|
Where does this role take place?
- Homeless and Housing
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable travel and a free lunch
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities