Surplus Food Delivery Driver
This role involves:
- Driving a FareShare van that delivers food to our member organisations
- Collecting food from suppliers
- Carrying out comprehensive vehicle checks before and after each shift
- Loading and unloading deliveries
- Providing a high level of customer service to our member organisations
- Representing FareShare out in the community
This role requires:
- A full clean licence
- Volunteers to be 25 or over
- A full DBS check
- Punctuality and good time-keeping skills
- A commitment of one shift per week
- Good people skills
- Ability to work well in a team
The FareShare Sussex warehouse is based in Moulsecoomb and all driver shifts begin here. It is easily accessible by bus on the 25, 28, 29 and 50 (Moulsecoomb Way bus stop) or 10-15 minute walk from Moulsecoomb train station.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Unit 3 Fairway Business Centre
As a busy warehouse it is not a suitable environment for wheelchair users.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We reimburse travel expenses up to the cost of an advance day saver bus ticket (£4.80). For volunteers that find it difficult to purchase a ticket in advance we can issue them a ticket to use at their next session. We provide lunch from our surplus food c
- Health and Safety
We have a group induction session including a full health and safety briefing. We then \'buddy up\' new volunteers with current ones on their first shift. Drivers will have a van driver assessment training session before they make their first delivery to ad
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
The role is subject to a DBS check. Drivers must be 25 or over with a clean licence.
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
We provide tailored support to our volunteers. There are regular informal and annual formal feedback opportunities, a volunteer\'s computer for job search/CV writing and staff on hand to support as needed, for example with benefits advice or interview skil
As part of your induction you will get an introduction to manual handling, then subsequent \'on-the-job\' training. We also offer accredited courses in food safety and fork lift truck where appropriate.