Sussex Mindfulness Centre Volunteer
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
The Sussex Mindfulness Centre aims to improve the wellbeing and mental health of all people who can benefit from mindfulness. We do this by running mindfulness and compassion programmes, training teachers, and conducting research. The Sussex Mindfulness Centre Volunteer will help the Communications Lead, Business Development Manager and Administration Manager in the preparation and advertising of Mindfulness events and training.
What you will be doing
- To check with your supervisor about priorities and any issues the volunteer should be briefed about
- To make changes, post documents and update the website, as requested
- To organise the print and production of materials
- To post news and events on social media
- To manage technical hosting of events on zoom
- To support the smooth running of SMC events and trainings
- To support the communications lead with tasks to promote mindfulness teacher training, mindfulness courses, conferences and masterclasses.
- Excellent written English
- Computer, website and social media skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding / experience of mindfulness desirable, but not essential
- An ability to act on own initiative within the role description
- A willingness to be flexible and to follow the guidance of a placement supervisor
- A commitment to the trust’s equal opportunities and diversity policies
- A willingness to abide by the Sussex Partnership volunteer guidelines, including rules on confidentiality, health and safety, safeguarding adults and children and manual handling
- To be willing to receive training any areas as appropriate to the volunteer role.
- Gain career experience
- Volunteering provides a sense of purpose
- Increases self-confidence.
Placement duration: Days/time negotiable. Minimum of 6 month placement.
This is a remote working placement so candidates will need access to a computer/laptop and internet access.
When do I need to be available?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities