Tea Bar Volunteer (Hove Crown Court)
Court Tea Bars
A Tea Bar/café volunteer is needed Wednesdays and Thursdays (both days or either, it's up to you) 8.45am - 2pm for Hove Crown Court. Start September.
Simple light refreshments, meet lots of interesting people, nominate your own charity to receive proceeds of sales.
This role involves offering 'tea and sympathy' for example, serving light refreshments to persons attending the courts, including staff, solicitors, barristers, witnesses, victims and defendants, police and security, members of the public.
It also includes serving hot drinks, cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks, sweets etc.
- Steady hand to pour and serve hot drinks.
- Feel comfortable meeting the general public in a service situation.
- Most of the time you will be standing up to work.
- This role could suit a retired person, someone working part time or someone who is available to commit to taking on this role for several months.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Able to nominate a charity of your choice to receive the proceeds of sales.
- Meet lots of interesting people.
- Build confidence and learn skills.
Tea Bar at Hove Crown Court (Hove Trial Centre):
- Any bus to Palmeira Square (floral clock) Bus fares paid.
- Walk up Rochester Gardens
- Parking space is available if required
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Hove Trial Centre, Hove Crown Court
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable travel expenses
Health and Safety
As per HM Court Service
Up to 1 hour on first day
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability & employers' liability in place
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
Support available if needed