Somerset Day Centre
- To provide efficient and effective administration support within the centre.
- To work as part of a team to provide a flexible and supportive range of services to older people who attend the centre.
- To support the Manager and Senior Support worker in the day-to-day delivery of a high-quality service, planning programmes of activities, outings and learning.
- To provide effective, welcoming and efficient cover at point of reception, welcoming members and visitors and assisting them as appropriate.
- To receive and effectively deal with telephone callers.
- To take messages and pass them on as appropriate.
- To record in the diary booked appointments for members and staff team.
- To provide general administrative support to the Somerset Centre management and staff including data inputting, mail out, photocopying and filing; to participate in planning and booking of activities for members; to contribute to the overall objectives and the philosophy of care of the centre.
- To carry out all duties taking into account confidentiality and equal opportunities.
- To establish and maintain social contact with members when at the centre.
- To report to the Centre Manager or Senior Support worker with daily appraisal as necessary.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, 5 GCSE grade C or above.
- Good computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and understanding of older peoples' needs and issues.
- The ability to use initiative and take direction from senior staff.
- A willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety requirements and legislation within the workplace.
- A willingness to learn and develop professionally and to keep updated on the provision of day services.
- To recognise the unique contribution individuals can make to their own environment.
Somerset Centre can be found next to St Mary's Church on St James's Street, Brighton. The number 1, 7, and 37 bus stops outside. Car park at the back of the Centre off Lavender Street.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
62 St James's St