Together Co Befriending Phone Support
During the Covid pandemic we are offering distanced befriending to individuals who are at risk of social isolation as a result of their age, disability, or health condition. A friendly telephone call can make a big difference to someone who spends most of their time alone.
As a telephone befriender you will be carefully matched with an individual who we think you would be a good fit for. You will make a weekly telephone call, or perhaps a couple of shorter calls each week. We encourage you to decide between the two of you which day of the week you would like to have the calls, and whether this is a set time or not.
If appropriate, you may wish to transition to face to face socially distanced meetings. In this case we will require you to attend a more in-depth induction session. We will also complete a Covid risk assessment of the match.
- Strong listening skills
- Understanding of older people and/ or people with disabilities/long term health conditions
- Non judgemental attitude
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Commitment and reliability
- Respect for confidentiality
- Friendliness and warmth
- Empathy and resilience.
- Connects you to others
- Fun and fulfilling
- Can advance your career, particularly good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for care, social, health and charity sectors.
Volunteers will be reimbursed for all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||1+ hour a week. We’d like you to be able to commit to a minimum of six months.|
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Womens Issues
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities