Are you comfortable dealing with simple finances? Do you care about green spaces for communities? Are you well organised? Would you like to feel part of a friendly, supportive group who make a difference in your community? Can you spare about 4-6 hours a month? If so, this role could be for you.
Green Tides is the partnership across Adur and Worthing for about 40 'Friends of' volunteer groups who work in parks, cemeteries, beaches and other wild spaces, improving the natural habitat and enabling the community to take action to improve the natural environment around them. Green spaces have always been important to individual and community well being - but perhaps never more so than during this COVID-19 lockdown period. And the collaboration between our groups is also more important than ever as we share ideas about how to re-start and increase the community's involvement in nurturing its green spaces.
Green Tides brings these groups together to share knowledge and resources, promote the amazing work of our members and collaborate with partners including local businesses, charities and the Council. We are a small, thriving, volunteer-led organisation with about 40 members. We have a simple constitution and a clear purpose. We meet 6 times a year - on a Tuesday evening every other month.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Recording income and expenditure and preparing reports for the committee and funders.
- Preparing our accounts for review at the Annual General Meeting.
- Ensuring all expenditure is made in accordance with Green Tides’ policies and procedures.
This is not a complex role. Our income is modest and our finances are straightforward.
We are still recruiting to this role despite the COVID-19 lockdown. So if you're interested, please get in touch and we can talk via phone, email or zoom.
You don't need to be a qualified accountant or bookkeeper to do this role. We offer training and support.
You should be comfortable dealing with simple finances.
- A great opportunity to be linked in with local communities and the amazing diversity of voluntary activity that takes place across the whole of Adur and Worthing.
- Experience to add to your CV if that interests you.
- The community groups we support are a fun and positive bunch of people to be involved with and Green Tides' meetings are positive, inspiring and uplifting!
You will need to have access to a computer, phone and internet connection.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Green Tides meetings are bi-monthly and are held on a Tuesday evening from 7pm to 9pm and you must be able to attend these meetings. The venue alternates between Worthing (generally the Town Hall) and Adur (usually the Shoreham Centre). The time commitment outside these meetings is not significant - about 4-6 hours a month on average and there is flexibility on when you do the work.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur and Worthing
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities